Monday, March 27, 2017

April Alternative Challenge

Cats know how to take it easy. Sometimes humans need the reminder.

Last year was my first time participating in the A-Z blog challenge and I found that it really helped me focus on what I want this blog to be-- informative. With last year's theme of motifs, I was able to reinforce some of the knowledge I'd already garnered through my study of kimono and kitsuke and then expand upon it.

Though I thoroughly enjoyed participating in last year's A-Z challenge, I've had to admit that, this year, I'm just not going to be able to make that sort of commitment. I won't be totally idle, though! Thanks to last year's challenge, I found a fun blog whose author is hosting an alternative: The April Alternative Challenge

I'm quite certain that I'll be able to manage four posts in one month. I might even push for a little more, since I was already plotting out daily entries for the A-Z challenge, but frankly, some of the letters were stumping me. There will still be an overarching theme this month, while I parse through some common and not-so-common vocabulary in the kimono and kitsuke world. If you have any particular words or phrases you'd like some help in decoding, please feel free to mention them in the comments!

2 comments: