Monday, May 2, 2016

A-to-Z Challenge Wrap-Up: Reflections and Looking Ahead

Stone bridge at Hakone Gardens


If you've been following for any length of time, you may have noticed April was by far the busiest month this blog has seen since its inception. This was the first year I had heard of the A-to-Z blogging challenge and I am very glad that I took the plunge and signed up.

This experience was exactly what I had hoped it would be; I jump-started my blogging habit, came up with many new topics for future posts, and was able to engage with many people who might not have otherwise found this blog. I also learned a lot from posting, as I wanted to ensure that I was presenting accurate information about designs and combinations, and I'm sure that I'll be able to carry this knowledge with me as I continue to hone my kitsuke practice.

Now that May is here, I know that I will not be maintaining a post-a-day habit, but I am already outlining the next posts that I want to share, and figuring out what is going to be best for a more regular posting schedule. Just yesterday, I was at the Nikkei Matsuri in San Jose's Japantown, so you can be assured that there will be a post about that in the near future.

In the meantime, if you have any particular topics you might like to see covered here, please don't hesitate to make some suggestions in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I love that after posting 26 new posts in 30 days, you've come up with even MORE topics. Some people would be completely drained!

    BTW I've put together a Listly of participants like yourself who have written a challenge recap here http://list.ly/list/17Wd-2016-a-to-z-challenge-wrap-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This challenge was very inspiring, and really what I needed to get into a blogging habit.

      Delete
  2. I am thrilled your first AtoZ experience was a good one! YOU are a Champion! I have a little gift for you posted on my blog. ;)
    Barbara
    Visit me at
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete